The purpose of our International Exchange Grant Project is to support the exchange research activities of foreign or Japanese young researchers in the field of industrial technology and related fields. The grant will cover the participation fee (registration fee) and overseas travel expenses for the researchers to attend international symposiums, international conferences, international collaborative research, or newly introduced international events such as online international conferences, which are held domestically, overseas, or online.
Application Reception Terms (during which an applicant attends an international conference, etc.) and Application Deadlines
|FY2021 Terms||Term Periods||Deadlines|
|Phase1||Apr. 1 - Jul. 31, 2021||Feb. 1, 2021
|Phase2||Aug. 1 - Nov. 30, 2021||June 1, 2021
|Phase3||Dec. 1, 2021 - Mar. 31, 2022||Oct. 1, 2021|
Domestic or overseas researchers or graduate students engaged in the target technical fields, who can receive a recommendation of the head of department, and satisfy the following conditions.
 As of March 31, 2022, aged 35 or below
(However, if there is a special reason, even aged 40 or below is acceptable)
 Those, who are applicable to one of the followings, and who are expected to achieve a remarkable research exchange result through this subsidy.
1) Researchers enrolled in domestic universities or public research institutes, participating in international research exchange symposiums, etc. to be held overseas, in which they will give presentations about research papers in principle.
(a case to dispatch researchers)
2) Researchers enrolled in overseas universities or public research institutes, participating in an international research conference, etc. to be held in Japan, in which they will give presentations about research papers.
(a case to invite researchers)
 Application Conditions
· Registration for the international conference is completed.
· The conference period falls within the term of the grant.
· The abstract of the research paper is attached to the application.
 Recommendation Documents
Submit the following documents to the secretariat division of the foundation.
1) In case a researcher is sent overseas
"International exchange promotion candidate recommendation document to send a researcher to international collaborative research / international research meeting"
2) In case a researcher is invited from overseas
"International exchange promotion candidate recommendation document to invite a researcher to international collaborative research / international research meeting"
1) In case of dispatching researchers
A chief professor, a department chief or a superviser at the university or an appropriate responsible person such as a director of a research institution.
2) In case of inviting researchers
A person who are responsible for accepting invited researchers, etc., and conforms to the recommenders of 1) above or a person responsible for implementing the international research meetings etc.
 A number of recommendations
In principle, one recommender can make one recommendation in a single fiscal year.
 Recommendation Deadline
A fiscal year is divided into 3 terms. An application deadline is set for each term respectively.
Please refer to "Application Reception Terms (during which an applicant attends an international conference, etc.) and Application Deadlines" section and the table above.
Please attach the notice of acceptance of the research paper. If you have not received it yet, please be sure to send it to us at a later date.
Selection is made by the selection committee, and the chairperson of the foundation will approve it.
After participating in an international research conference, etc., the recipient is requested to promptly submit the prescribed outcome report to the foundation.
Address to send documents & Contact