Awards for research achievement (Marubun Academy Award and Marubun Research Encouragement Award) are to be presented to remarkable researches, or research achievements, which are expected to contribute to the advancement of science and technology and improvement of creative industrial technology that leads to the creation of the next generation of industries, or researchers, who are making remarkable progress in that respect. This award is intended for young researchers of any nationality, who belong to a Japanese university or a public research institution under the age of 40, engaged in the specified technical fields. Recommendation from the head of the institute the researcher belongs to is required for entry. We welcome recommendations of domestic or overseas researchers who are motivated to undertake creative researches and are expected to contribute to research exchange in the future. Winners will be selected strictly and fairly by the selection committee and will be approved by the Board of Directors of the foundation.
Domestic or overseas researchers engaged in target technical fields, who meet the following conditions
 As of March 31, 2022, in principle, aged 40 or under 40 years
(The age limit will be reconsidered separately if there is a particular reason.)
 In principle, the research outcomes that fall under any of the following
1) Research that is expected to contribute to the field of science and industrial technology, with excellent academic discovery
2) Research that is expected to contribute to the field of science and industrial technology, which makes remarkable inventions in technology
3) Research that is expected to contribute to the advancement of science and industrial technology by solving important technical problems
In principle, the head of the institution to which the candidate belongs as below, or an equivalent person
1) At the university, the department chief, the dean or the director of the research institute etc. (It can be a direct supervisor)
2) In public research institutes etc., the director of the research institution or the director of the research etc.
 Number of Recommendations:
One recommender can make one recommendation in principle.
(However, if a recommender made a recommendation in the previous year, the recommender can make up to 2 recommendations in the year.) (see remark)
 Recommendation Method:
Download and print "research achievement nomination candidate recommendation form" and submit it by mail to the secretariat division of the foundation together with media such as CD-ROM, DVD
(Submit both in hardcopy and electronic file. File formats of nomination, papers, literature etc. are limited to Microsoft Word or PDF , and sending them by e-mail is not acceptable.)
Candidates will be selected from among the applicants in this year (see remark) and previous year (see remark) by the selection committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
The winners are requested to make a presentation about the research achievements in the presentation ceremony.
Address to send documents & Contact